Makeup is such a fun thing to experiment with because you can wash it off if you don't like how it looks (compared to say, a hair disaster that is much more semi-permanent!). But what about when you want your makeup to truly last 9-5 and maybe until dinner, too? Today I'm sharing my top five favorite beauty products that help me get some extra wear time out of my makeup! Not only will these products make your other makeup items last longer, they also won't break the bank - 3 of the five are under $10 and the other two are under $15. Rad!
- L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base ($12.99) is my favorite face primer so far! I've tested a few of the more blog-famous face primers like the Smashbox one, but this L'Oreal one remains my favorite. It is a little thicker than other all-over primers and acts more like a spackle to really fill in pores. My first step in my makeup routine, I primarily (ha ha) apply it mainly to my inner cheek area (that part below your under eye between where you apply blush and your nose) since that's where I smooth out my concealer for HACing.
- Nyx Cosmetics Cream Blush ($5.99) is a great way to make your powder blush last a little longer!! I have oily-combo skin and I feel like my face just eats powder products like it's starving. BUT because I have oily-combo skin I was nervous about trying a creamy product because I don't need to look even more "dewy". Don't be afraid to try cream blush! I love this product because it doesn't stay sticky, it is easy to blend, comes in a variety of shades, and is at the perfect price point for my Pokemon symptoms to set in - i.e. gotta catch 'em all!
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer in 01 Nude ($6.49) is a lifesaver! I have oily lids - so slick that they cause even Maybelline Color Tattoos to crease by the end of the day. Urban Decay's Primer Potion used to be my hands-down favorite eyeshadow primer to combat creasing until they switched the packaging, and now the squeeze tube version doesn't work at all for me >.< Enter this Milani primer, and all of the baby angels singing for my personal rebirth of wearing eyeshadow again! Are there better eyeshadow primers in the beauty world? Possibly. But this primer works incredibly well to keep my eyeshadow from creasing, not to mention it's decently priced and easily found at drugstores. Hallelujah indeed!
- LASplash Eyeshadow Base ($8.98) is sort of a cross between a sealant and an eyeshadow adhesive - perfect for loose shadows, glitter, or glittery shadows prone to fallout. I think of it as the commercially available alternative to Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxie! I usually put down a layer of normal eyeshadow primer, than dab some of this where I plan to apply whichever shade needs a little extra sticky-oomph, wait a few seconds until tacky, then pat my shadow or glitter on. Glitter stays on my lids, and out of my eyes (and off my cheeks). Yay!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($14) is my secret weapon for stressful situations and keeping my whole 'face' on! If I'm doing the whole shebang - i.e. full-on makeup including foundation + serious HACing - I want to keep all of that hard work and time spent applying my makeup on my face. This spray keeps my makeup from breaking down while looking natural - no awkward cake face here!
Do you have a favorite primer or makeup-extending product? Share your fave with me in the comments!!
Disclosure: Links in this post are compensated personal affiliate links. I've purchased all of the products mentioned in this post with my own money and I LOVE them; I only recommend things I truly like, pinky promise! If you'd like to know more about my policies, please see my disclosure page.