The watercolor technique was much easier the second time around (my first time doing it here). I used the technique from the beautygeeks tutorial this time and I like the effect more this way I think (but they both are cool!). Here's what I did:
- Paint on base color (mine was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls), then TWO layers of top coat
- Watch TV for a long time to make sure "it's really really dry" :D
- Place tiny, tiny dots of the color you want to spread around on your nail (my first shade was a light grey, Pure Ice Kiss me Here)
- Use a fluffy brush dipped in acetone and lightly tap it on to the dots of color to dissolve them a little, then tap your brush around the rest of the nail to place thin blobs of color all over randomly
- Keep blobbing, dissolving, and randomly tapping your other colors - I did another round of blob-dissolve-tap with Orly Decoded
- Blob-dissolve-tap until satisfied, then YOU'RE DONE!
I'm really happy with how these turned out! They also remind me of warm fluffy sweaters, so I feel like they would be fun winter nails, too. As I said in the intro I'm not sure that the scale is really correct, but I'm OK with it :p NOW don't forget to check out the other art-inspired nail art below and our sweet $200 gift card giveaway.
|((click here - or the image - to go to the post!))|