Hey y'all! I thought it would be fun to show you a little bit of 'behind the scenes' at some of the products I'm testing and playing with right now! So this isn't so much of a "OMG, I bought all this stuff this weekend!" haul [because I definitely did NOT buy all these things at once], but rather a "Here's a look at some of the different things I've collected and have been testing over the past few months + a few new things here and there." I've got hair products, skin care, cosmetics, and nail polish! Yay! Ps. Anything below marked with an asterisk* at the end is a press sample.
|L-R: Sirius Sonic Skin Care System brush, Own Skin Health Refining Moisture Night Cream*, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, Perlier Italian Sorbet Limone crackling body water*|
- Sirius Sonic Skin Care System - on a whim recently I suddenly felt like I needed some sort of face cleaning brush, but didn't want to drop $150+ on something that might not work for me. So I found a great deal on this Sirius brush kit on Amazon, and I like that it comes with so many different head attachments in the box. Plus I like the fact that this uses batteries because that means the second you take it out of the box, you can use it (plus I've seen so many complaints from people that are just out of luck when their Clarisonic decides to stop taking a charge because it's an internal battery, and I don't really want to spend $200ish every two years)! So far, so good - I haven't really felt like I've had that awful 'purge' period of break outs (yay!), and I do feel like my skin looks really nice (glow-ier and nice and smooth, too)!
- Own Products Refining Moisture Night Cream (sample) - The first time I tested this cream for about 6 weeks, we didn't get along at all. But I gave it a rest for like two months and did some other things and now that I'm testing it for the second time, we're like besties!
- Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser - I've only been testing this for about a week or so, but so far so good! I like the creamy, lotion-y texture that doesn't make my face feel tight immediately after cleansing. I haven't used it long enough to really review it yet, though. I grabbed this one at the drugstore because Beautypedia gave it a really great rating *thumbs up*
- Perlier Italian Sorbet Limone Crackling Body Water (sample) - This smells delicious to the point that I have to remind myself not to eat it! It's a pretty unique and fun product, also I love the refreshing green stripes on the packaging.
|Milani Eyeshadow Primer, Urban Decay All Nighter Spray (travel size)|
- I used to be the biggest fangirl ever of Urban Decay Primer Potion, but the formula of the newer squeeze tube packaging doesn't have the same fluffy, mousey texture the genie bottle packaging had - and somehow doesn't work at all for me :-/ The Milani Eyeshadow Primer was recommended to me as being similar in staying and anti-creasing power as the old school style UDPP. I've been using it with mixed results (one day it will be great, one day patchy, etc.), so I can't say that I do or don't like it quite yet, but it is giving me a little bit of hope that I could maybe wear eyeshadow in the future [I had been sticking with the UD waterproof eyeshadow pencils smudged along my lashes all summer].
- I never thought that I could look 'attractively' dewey, but this spray totally keeps my makeup on, while looking pretty and natural! I'm using a travel size bottle of the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray and I like it a lot (soo much more than setting with powder), but sometimes the spray cap gets stuck and doesn't actually spray me with anything :( I don't know if that's just my bottle, or the travel size, or something that could happen with the full sized version?!
|NISIM f.a.s.t. shampoo & conditioner*, Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion|
- F.A.S.T. Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner (sample) - I never ever thought that products that claim they make your hair faster would actually work because it's usually always "Just be patient!" or "Eat the right things!" or "Want your hair to grow? Cut it off!" and I'm all mehhh. I've been lazily growing my hair out for like 2 years now, but I'm not like sitting around everyday sulking about my hair growing out - more like letting it grow out for fun without a specific goal length. Anyhoo, I do really think that this duo has really been a great catalyst for reaching new lengths with my curly tresses! I will do a review with more photographic evidence in the near-ish future, but I'm only half way through the shampoo right now.
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion - smells like delicious lemony pie filling, nom nom nom! I had been using mousse for a really long time, trying to use up some hair products that are just hanging around in my house, but I realized it was really drying out my hair (specifically my poor ombre-damaged ends). This curl lotion came recommended from my lovely Mom, another curly girl, and I would have to agree this is a pretty great curly product from the few times I've used it! If you're a strict Curly Girl Method user, I don't think this lotion is "allowed". I'm on a modified CG routine, so I am a little less strict than some people. This brand has a TON of products and I want to try almost all of them - especially the oil products, because I feel like my hair would probably like an oil because it loooovesss conditioner.
|clockwise from top: Maybelline Neon Baby Lips Pink Shock and Strike a Rose, mini Wet n Wild lippie haul from Rite-Aid, and an eBay lot of Nyx slim lip liner pencils|
Lips lips lips lips lips!!! Revlon Lip Butters sucked me in, and now my favorite thing is finding little drugstore-priced lippie gems! I am SO happy I found the perfect eBay lot of Nyx slim lip liner pencils (bottom left of collage) with ALL of the fun orange shades you can't get at Ulta since I'm obsessed with oranges and corals this summer! If you're interested in me reviewing any of these, please let me know!
|Stila In The Garden eyeshadow palette|
|clockwise from top: KBShimmer sale haul, Anne Kathleen polishes*, Maybelline Color Show Clearly Spotted (next to a mini Dollish Polish Putting on the Ritzzzz)|
Have any of these products caught your attention? Which products would you like me to review?! Do you put your products through rigorous testing before reviewing, too??