Bee at Bee Polished
Debbie at The Crumpet
Kirsten at Geeky Owl
Emma (meee! *waves*) right here at Manicurity
Kerrie at Pish Posh and Polish
Sarah at Spellbinding Nails
I watched LOST long after it aired; I watched all six seasons last summer on Netflix, so I might have a different view of it all than the other ladies. For instance, I knew Ian Somerhalder as a vampire before I knew him as Boone, but I'm still majorly fond of the series.
So, my nails are pretty obvious and summarize the first season - the beach, the caves, a POLAR BEAR?!?!, and the hatch. Generally, the first season focuses on the crash of an airplane and their fight for survival - choosing between living near the beach or in the caves by a source of water. Then the mysteries start to enfold - why is there a polar bear on a jungle island? Why is there a metal hatch marked 'quarantine' in the middle of no where on this same weird, jungly island with polar bears...!? What IS that smoke monster thing?
Hoorays about Season 1
- everything about Charlie - I both love and hate him so much
- Hurley is the best!
- Kate is maybe the most beautiful human woman I've looked at - she's so pretty! And I still liked her in season 1 lol
- Sayid is super smart and awesome
- Sawyer - another person I can't help but love and hate
Nays about Season 1
- freakin' SHANNON. I cannot watch anything with her in it now without immediately being annoyed. Her and Boone = ughhh
- Boone dying :(
- Locke totally creeped me out for the most part of season 1; I was so skeptical of him and that one time he made Boone have a weird hallucinations - what?
- even in the very first episode, we're talking about "We have to go back!"
- that scientist guy blew up at the Black Rock? Holy crap!!
- that moment you find out Sun totally knows English?!
- meeting Rousseau by following the cable
- Claire being kidnapped, Charlie being hanged - ick
- Michael's raft and The Others taking Walt
- the hatch finally opens at the end of the season....
Now enjoy a video of the polar bear scene!
Technical Details - polishes by finger
pointer: SH Duchesse Lace for the beach, Pure Ice French Kiss for the water with some white striping polish swirled in
middle: Cult Nails Blackout with Misa Spaced Out sponged on, Orly Fresh for jungle-y vines
ring: ManGlaze Mayonnaise as the base, with plain white for the eyes, black striper details
pinkie: Misa Grey Matters with some white and black stripers for the hatch door, and Essence Nude It for hatch window details